A random collection of thoughts associated with the sport of cycling, as relayed by one hopelessly devoid of too many competing interests. It's a one track blog I'm afraid. But hey, if you like bikes you might enjoy it. So keep reading and the worst that'll happen is it might rot your brain..

Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy week

I won't bore you with all of the details, but since the last post there really hasn't been a whole lot going on save for another NBX race (felt OK, raced OK and tried fruitlessly to get some decent pics), some free beer thanks to Matt, and a bunch of bike riding. I made it out to Lincoln Woods Saturday and Sunday for ~ 1.5 hours each day, and I thoroughly enjoyed the cool air and relatively empty woods. I hadn't been out there in a month so it wasn't the usual boring slog. I hear there was much flow to be had at Highland. I may have to make the trip next time if only for the pump track alone.

I still have yet to attend a "real" 'cross race this year, but the pace at NBX is fast enough and I'm liking my chances should I jump into a honest to God 'cross racing scenario at some point. Wrentham is this weekend, as is the Beer 'Cross race in Dayville, CT. Neither race has a 3/4 category so I'll be stuck racing C class but it should be good fun regardless. I like the woodsier aspects of the Wrentham course, and it will surely be tough on the singlespeed (grass climbs). 9 AM race time though, ugh!

Tomorrow, and Wednesday, is the first ever Interbike East here in lovely Providence, RI. I'll be there both days helping out in the NEMBA tent so be sure to stop by and say hi. I'll be bringing the camera and I hope to get some pictures of some fly rides and new gear. I'm also hoping to test ride some bikes on the super rough trails in RW (ha ha). Maybe they have a trail where you dodge the prostitutes and crack dealers, and then compare veneral diseases at the other end! That would be super. It's too bad there wasn't a plan in place to utilize a local riding spot (Lincoln Woods)but that's the way it goes I guess. Whateva..



Oh yeah, Stacy and I saw the Slackers last Sunday as well.. excellence as always.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brendan said...

The Beer Cross C race is at 10.

Nice name you've got there.

1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home